Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Worst ww2 movie

Article about: Whats the worst ww2 movie you have ever seen? I have to say the latest ones i have seen have to be Bloodrayne third reich and war of resistance, really bad movies, bad script, bad actors, ev

Default Re: Worst ww2 movie

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    You are right about that one. I concur!!!!
    Ingloriuos Basterds was Tarantino his best, a genius of a film. It needs to be watched as a Tarantino film and not a war film

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The Bridge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pacific was awesome! It was based on the war memoirs of two men from the 1st Marines so I suppose that's as accurate as a war movie gets. haha

Inglorious Basterds was also great. The K98 bell tower scene was part of the propaganda movie towards the end. I think the fact that Tarantino had the sniper shoot like 400 rounds was just to support the plot. The sniper got annoyed at the film so he left the theater, went upstairs, etc.

I thought "Defiance" was rather dull. It's a neat story but I just don't think the movie was made very well.

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Ingloriuos Basterds was Tarantino his best, a genius of a film. It needs to be watched as a Tarantino film and not a war film

Nick
    That is very true, I wouldn't call Inglorious Basterds a war movie. It's a movie set during the war and not intended to be taken as such.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    You are right about that one. I concur!!!!
    Me too absolute Hollywood garbage , for me Tarentino got it all wrong making this one !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Having just wasted 86mins of my life watching "Age of Heroes" with the bizarrely surgically tinkered with Sean Bean, I would rank that right up there in the conventionally themed but rubbish war flicks.

Plot is poo, acting is poo, kit is poo and the script contains nicked elements from other movies and in 2 cases the EXACT lines from Wild Geese. Overall: POO!

I think "The Pacific" was really slow and kind of sucked for the first few episode with the Lecky character, I was thrilled when he was finally discharged from there on it picked up nicely.... Band of Brothers certainly beat it by a few miles though

Horrible ww2 movie? Some may be surprised but I'd go with "Saving Private Ryan".... first of all, Hanks is not a good pick for that kind of role, he's actually a lot more enjoyable in comedies. Secondly I don't like the glossy feeling it gives you, it's got too much of the one-sided patriotic feel for me.... third, the plot is just stupid imo. Sacrificing all those good men during the invasion simply to rescue a moron played by Matt Damon??? Come on....

I also thought "Inglorious Basterds" missed its target... it just didn't do anything for me, the SS man played by Cristoph Waltz was the only highlight...Pitt?

Looking forward to "Das Boot" blu release in a few days....now, THAT'S a quality ww2 movie!

No one has mentioned "The Keep"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Inglorious Basterds was a horrible movie.

windtalkers with nic cage....single handidly bringing back the 100 round magazine

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast