Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Worst ww2 movie

Article about: Whats the worst ww2 movie you have ever seen? I have to say the latest ones i have seen have to be Bloodrayne third reich and war of resistance, really bad movies, bad script, bad actors, ev

?

Default Re: Worst ww2 movie

Quote by Gary J View Post
    D-Day Sixth of June .. with Richard Todd, and Tora Tora Tora ...
    Both dragged out painfully, ... with possibly the last 10 minutes in both worth half a glance ..

Gary J.

I would have to agree with you on those two Gary, especially about D-Day. Definately NOT Richard Todd at his best!
    Now when he played Guy Gibson in Dambusters or his own C.O in The Longest Day when the airborne took out the Orne bridges, they were more worthy of his acting talents.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Am I looking at the wrong thread here, Valkyrie was fantastic !!

Nick
    Valkyrie was very good. I'd have loved them to have included a short scene with Hitler showing off his scorched trousers. That would have been good. Also worthy of note is that they had the foresight to consult Rochus Misch. That was a good move. Pity about Mr.Cruise though...

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi Rudy, I think there was 2 movies.
    I dont remember the name of the second one.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

They actually made FOUR movies in the Dirty Dozen series guys:

Dirty Dozen
    Dirty Dozen: The Next Mission
    Dirty Dozen: The Fatal Mission
    Dirty Dozen: The Deadly Mission

And before anyone asks, YES, I do have copies of ALL of them

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

The last two were, if memory serves,were led by Tele Savalas, which was a ridiculous casting and the plots downright silly

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    You dont't think it was a bit too overly saturated with US/allied patriotism? I actually think Hanks does better work in comedies, plus the whole plot is kinda cheesy.... why would they want to sacrifice all those good soldiers to rescue Ryan (on top of it all played by Matt Damon) ?

On the whole I think SPR failed... I guess it scores points as far as cinematography and attention to most details goes, but for me? when I receive it on BD? I actually regretted having ordered it at all.... I'd much rather have an "unbiased" documentary providing a genuine allied or axis perspective than this Hollywood thing, it just didn't sit well with me at all.
    You could say that but in terms of an entertaining film you can't beat it. I think it's fair to say that SPR heralded a new era of war films in terms of cinematography and attention to detail. Yes, the plot could be called cheesy but it's a cameo story set against the backdrop of the D-Day landings, it isn't and never was meant to be a factually accurate film, it was a story set in a moment of time.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by lithgow View Post
    'The Green Berets' with John 'We Won' Wayne-many fine films under his belt but that wasn't one of them.
    I remember watching that in the theater when it came out. Too young at that time to think much of it. I've watched a few times in the last 25 years and i must say it was not a good movie.

Blood Island gets my vote for worst military movie ever!!! The Pacific beach assault looks like it was filmed in a state park with only two people. It's so bad you gotta watch it.

Tom Cruise's portrayal of von Stauffenberg as an anti Nazi was controversial and intended to make him a 'Hollywood Hero' for the film-it's notable that many of the films mentioned so far have been fairly recent US productions-the formula for which involves having a 'Goodie' hero or heroes doing things for the right reasons so that mass audiences have someone to root for regardless of actual events-this is to maximise the return for the makers (it's called 'Show Business').

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Tom Cruise's portrayal of von Stauffenberg as an anti Nazi was controversial and intended to make him a 'Hollywood Hero' for the film-it's notable that many of the films mentioned so far have been fairly recent US productions-the formula for which involves having a 'Goodie' hero or heroes doing things for the right reasons so that mass audiences have someone to root for regardless of actual events-this is to maximise the return for the makers (it's called 'Show Business').
    Its called 'good business'. If these films didnt reach out to the world and make a profit, we woulndt see any more classics being made.
    Picking up on Adrians point, please remember these films are entertainment not factual documentaries. Take them for what they are, relax and enjoy!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Ahhh!... but that's the point, the classics don't follow that route-'Cross of Iron',' In Which We Serve', 'Ice Cold In Alex' etc not popcorn movies with black and white distinctions or no real characters.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast