Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is it wrong to wear WW2 original?

Article about: Howdy everyone, I just bought an ok condition M43 field Jacket. Its early production with the OD 3 lining, also the top button is cracked. Is it wrong to wear it? Also can I switch the top a

Like other folks have said it belongs to you so you can do what you please with it, i myself wouldn't wear it but as Jerry B said i wear surplus clothing quite often, if it became rare i'd stop wearing it!..

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I do not wish to offend you. But any talk of that most dreadful of illnesses - cancer, is certainly no laughing matter.
    LOL((((((( a little Japanese guy running around dressed as a German is very much a laughing matter! Jonathan Winters would love it!

I have an East German border guards woolen mantel that I bought for a tenner back in 1990 that I used to wear alot back then but now it's a collectable, never to be worn again.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Not only can WWII material be valuable, it can be fragile ....and musty smelling.

Depending on the source, you can get most excellent repro jackets, which will be sturdy and well made and will last you many years.

Go repro in this case.

Good luck. We want pics.
    I do love that smell though. I bought a Vietnam M1951 that was in rags, I put it back together and use it, just the thing is slowly disintegrating!

I suppose....if a person had enough money and felt no particular reverence for history, they could purchase an entire black SS officer's rig and wear it around as they please. It is, after all, their own property and they paid for it, so we can't actually say anything more than to simply be aghast at it and shake our heads in dismay at the loss...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I suppose....if a person had enough money and felt no particular reverence for history, they could purchase an entire black SS officer's rig and wear it around as they please. It is, after all, their own property and they paid for it, so we can't actually say anything more than to simply be aghast at it and shake our heads in dismay at the loss...
    Agreed, William. We can only hope to enlighten as to why it shouldn't be worn but not insult or incite violence toward a person for what they do with their property.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    LOL((((((( a little Japanese guy running around dressed as a German is very much a laughing matter! Jonathan Winters would love it!
    Don't be a punk.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Don't be a punk.
    There isn't 1 person on this forum that hasn't put a piece of foreign kit on and looked in the mirror.
    Look at all the guys that reenact. If you are referring to the lad being Asian or just Japanese buddy there is plenty of photographic evidence of Asian volunteers in German uniform in WW II. Learn some real military history before shooting off your big mouth.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Don't be a punk.
    Agreed with Steve!

Come on Nigel, that was a bit strong to say! And somewhat out of character for you. If you didn't mean how it sounded, an explanation should be forthcoming straight away.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Taka is a Very well respected member of the Forum and has been tireless is his help and aid to other members here.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast