Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is it wrong to wear WW2 original?

Article about: Howdy everyone, I just bought an ok condition M43 field Jacket. Its early production with the OD 3 lining, also the top button is cracked. Is it wrong to wear it? Also can I switch the top a

?

I wish I was smaller and could wear the AAF uniforms I have collected. Those guy were very much smaller than my 6'2" frame and at my age they weighted a lot less. When I was 16, I worn my Uncle Joe's Ike jacket, But somebody stole it when I was at the Ball field(MAJOR REGRET). I do wear the appropriate helmet's while I shoot my WW1 and 2 rifle's. But those are not so delicate as the material items. Yes I have worn my M43 cap when I shot my Friends MG34. But I keep all my items in their own little protective case's. I do want to pass these on to my kid's and their kid's and their kid's. So as the current owner and the keeper of history. I would wear but not expose these to the elements and abuse. Do I put on certain items during movies??YES I DO!!!(KIds think Dad's crazy, But they Love Me)
    Just my 2 centavos on the subject!!!!

LOOKING GOOD TAKA!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Every effort should be made to keep this forum free of racism, especially considering the nature of the items discussed here.

?

Here is me in my stuff repo of course lol. 9th SS winter 44-45 impression. Pics are kinda old I got myself a canteen today so picture the breadbag with it attached. I also need to tighten my belt and fix the y straps. Its slowly coming together, its only been around 4 months in the making. I have an event next month so I better fix it lol. Then my US impression, all original except for the m41 jacket and the boots. My Us helmet has yet to be repainted lol.
    Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Holy Crap what is all that white stuff??????(Desert Humor)
    I guess you can't beat shoveling the yard and getting to play at the same time!!!
    Great Pic's Ryan!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    LOL((((((( a little Japanese guy running around dressed as a German is very much a laughing matter! Jonathan Winters would love it!
    A bit below the belt that Nigel, you are better than that mate!...

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    LOL((((((( a little Japanese guy running around dressed as a German is very much a laughing matter! Jonathan Winters would love it!
    Nigel, I really can't see why you linked what I have said to someone dressing up in uniform. I really couldn't give a damn what people choose to wear. I didn't respond sooner, because I didn't wish to start an argument. But it looks as though others have picked up the bad vibes. I have lost many of my family to cancer, and I don't recall any tears of laughter when it happened.

Hi Steve,
    Im with you on that one mate i to have lost half my family with the dreaded illness, As for the wearing of original items it is up to the person him / herself, they own them i personally wouldnt as they are now all collectable items and we are here to protect and teach other with them. I would conserve any material items that i could.
    Dave.

Political correctness gets tiresome bc most of the time what is written or said is not meant to be hurtful or insulting....but people can't help how things written or said make them feel.

The question was about wearing original stuff. My answer is you can if you don't care if might be damaged. I have not ever...and do not put on my items...but have put them on mannequins and this was a mistake for me. I tore some leather Uboat items...split some jackboots...and pulled the leather apart on shoulder holsters while playing with mannequins. As many of you know...I display most of my collection flat...because of this experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

If you wish to wear it for the right reasons and on rare occasions, a living display at a militaria event for example and it fits you comfortably then I don't see a problem as long as you take good care..

If you wish to wear such items casually or for re-enacting then I ask why you would want to ruin historical artefacts when there are so many good suppliers of repro kit that can be used in place of the originals?

It's a no brainer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I try to be careful...I have damaged enough items.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast