Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW1 Veteran who was left for dead at Passchendale medals to be sold.

Article about: Another interesting but also sad tale of a Veterans's medals being sold by a family member. I hope Major Robert Collie MBE's belongings go to a collector who will value and appreciate them T

?

Default WW1 Veteran who was left for dead at Passchendale medals to be sold.

Another interesting but also sad tale of a Veterans's medals being sold by a family member. I hope Major Robert Collie MBE's belongings go to a collector who will value and appreciate them

The soldier who refused to die.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

"I hope Major Robert Collie MBE's belongings go to a collector who will value and appreciate them"

Me too Adrian!.....

I wish I could afford to buy them, an awe inspiring group steeped in history. A shame that his family don't want to keep them. I notice he has MID's from both wars that are not mentioned, wow.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

15% buyers premium + VAT......no thanks.
    If it wasn't for buyers premiums I would bid.

Its almost like throwing his father on the heap again...sorry to hear this..I am hopeful too whoever receives these medals will honor this brave man.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I feel it's a family members' duty to ensure the safe keeping of things like this. Regardess of whether or not the grandchildren of this soldier actually want the items or not, they should at least hold onto them in case their future children would be interested in having them

I don't like it but I understand.
    If his children have now desire at all in hanging onto the group
    then maybe it's better they get sold to a collector.

Years ago, my first boss was a ww2 vet. Serving in the 3rd Army
    including Bastone. He told me that he wanted to give me his
    souvenirs because his kids had no interest what so ever.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Jesus-a life of the hardest service to your country worth all of 1200 quid...

?

Maybe I missed it but is there a link to the auction house?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Maybe I missed it but is there a link to the auction house?
    Adrian had a link to the article. I just Googled the auction house name. Didn't find the grouping on their site, though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast