Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII and WWII Thirft Shop Find

Article about: Hi guys, I am new to collecting and I recently noticed a set of WWI items. In total they are selling it for \\$950CAD. What are your thoughts and how much would you value the lot? Pictures are

Default WWII and WWII Thirft Shop Find

Hi guys,

I am new to collecting and I recently noticed a set of WWI items. In total they are selling it for $950CAD. What are your thoughts and how much would you value the lot? Pictures aren't the best.

IMG_3335.jpgIMG_3336.jpgIMG_3337.jpgIMG_3338.jpg

Thanks, I finally found a place to talk to other who enjoy the same hobby... My fiance threatens to throw my stuff out quite often when we argue lol.

- Dillon

It's really a mixed bag there - and far too much money, IMO.

( I HATE stickers on historic items......... )
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will be along to offer their thoughts soon, is it possible to get more pics at some point? Take them out of the case for example?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    It's really a mixed bag there - and far too much money, IMO.

( I HATE stickers on historic items......... )
    It seems a lot of money for not a lot of of rather varied items. I also hate stickers on items, bloody pain to get them off sometimes.

Welcome to the forum Dillon.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I know I hate stickers too! You end up wrecking the surface the guy gets everything donated to him to sell for a non profit organization. It's been in the store forever and it seems like he's just trying to make a huge profit for himself and not the organization. He won't even let me buy one thing, it has to be a set... so annoying

Thanks for the welcome guy's!

Welcom Dillon. As everyone else has said, it seems like a lot of money for items that you may well be better off buying individually. Chassepot bayonets are still fairly common as are Princess Mary tins (unless they still have their contents). Also to me the periscope looks more WW2 than WW1. Just my opinion, also if the guy won't play ball, your not obliged to buy his stuff

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Welcom Dillon. As everyone else has said, it seems like a lot of money for items that you may well be better off buying individually. Chassepot bayonets are still fairly common as are Princess Mary tins (unless they still have their contents). Also to me the periscope looks more WW2 than WW1. Just my opinion, also if the guy won't play ball, your not obliged to buy his stuff
    I think your right about the periscope. The WWII Army M4A1 Periscope looks identical or close to it. The Chassepot doesn't go for too much on ebay, same with the periscope and Tin which I had no clue. Thanks Spitace41! just from what I looked up its way over priced and when I take off the stickers stuff will come off with it. Im thinking like 400.

I think the scope is WWI British Artillery Scope WWI British Artillery Scope | eBay

Chassepot bayonet is 1880's French made. The fighting/utility
    knife is American. It could be from WWII, or more likely
    the 1960's, but the blade would need to be examined.
    It's not WWI nor was it 'made in London'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast