Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

your favourite war movie scene with german helmets

Article about: Whilst not a "movie" per se, this is the image that drew me in to these coal scuttles at the tender age of eight, or younger - from one of my history books at school... I'm forty-f

Default Re: your favourite war movie scene with german helmets

Ooops!..........no helmet im afraid

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    quality film that 1 Cobra
    "das Boote" is even better if you can get the "Directors cut" version in German. Guess who has a copy?

?

Oh so many to drool over,but one of my favourites has got to be Band of Brothers a large majority of the helmets were in fact geniune, repainted and some with original liners, a friend of mine worked on the series as an extra ,one minute he was a german officer in full regalia the next an ordinary EM ,but he managed to come away with a very nice M42,which he had me put in a period liner and chinstrap, and also a chichen wire basket which i had to make from period wire found in germany a real pain that was, but a great helmet afterwards.Not for sale but his pleasure only.The series was made at Hatfield ,an old ww2 airfield now tuned into a Business Park,just down thw road from me.

?

Sure there are a lot of good ones but my two faves, are from, of course, The Cross of Iron- just a super quick scene of the 7,5cm Pak commander giving the fire order as the T34s roll through Steiner's position after they were abandoned, and from Stalingrad, just before the tank battle where Otto looks at his helmet with the tied-on bit of white fabric cover and says "I look like my Grandmother" LOL Other than the funny comment, I always liked the look of the field-made winter camouflage 'cover'

Oh and on the lighter side, also from Stalingrad, when the Bataillon is mustered for the award ceremony at the beginning, I love how a few of the extras are on the heavier side and the prop helmets are all probably one size so the fit is a bit, well, 'off'
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

‪Cross of Iron - Ending Scene‬‏ - YouTube

I watched this movie about 3 times and it never gets boring,

There's so many good ones, but i particularly like the scene in 'Where Eagles Dare' when Clint wipes out practically the whole castle garrison single handedly whilst Richard Burton tries to contact H.Q. back in London...."Pork sword calling Danny boy.....Pork sword calling Danny boy..." Ahhh, the memories...!

‪Broadsword calling danny boy‬‏ - YouTube

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The movie Battle Of Britain has to be my all time fav,the opening credits show lots of german helmets when Field Marshal Milch steps out of the Junkers,( ‪Battle of Britain - Opening‬‏ - YouTube ) the music score is fantastic,and has to have one of the best lines in any war film,when Goring asks the fighter pilots what they need,and he replies " Give me a squadron of spitfires ". And if the start doesnt have enough helmets,the scene when the Heinkel 111 limps home with engine smoking,the troops on the docks has a few ( ‪Battle of Britain Movie Part 12‬‏ - YouTube ). Band of brothers is a close second though.........
    Last edited by Maschinenpistole 40; 07-15-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: bad spelling

A very unhappy looking Rene from Allo Allo.Attachment 221892

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast