Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

your favourite war movie scene with german helmets

Article about: Whilst not a "movie" per se, this is the image that drew me in to these coal scuttles at the tender age of eight, or younger - from one of my history books at school... I'm forty-f

Default Re: your favourite war movie scene with german helmets

Whilst not a "movie" per se, this is the image that drew me in to these coal scuttles at the tender age of eight, or younger - from one of my history books at school...

I'm forty-five now at the time of this post...

helmet.jpg
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

And you are right there are so many to choose from but one of my favorite scenes has to be the Germans in full retreat down the dike road in the begining of A BRIDGE TO FAR there were some nice examples of helmets shown in that few minutes of footage.

Regards Mark K

Gday all,
    Whilst not a German helmet the best helmet movie scene would have to be in Saving Private Ryan.
    In the early scenes on Omaha beach a GI is hit in the lid,his mate turns around and calls him a lucky so and so.2 seconds later he is hit again,this time between the eyes.
    Lucky i think not.
    Cheers
    Dave

?

My favorite would have to be defiantly Band of Brothers or Downfall. However my fav with Band of Brothers would have to be the scene when the German's surrender and have a nice speech scene. The look on that guys face when he had to surrender to Donnie Walberg was great. For Downfall when Tradul was going through the group of surrendering Germans and the partying Russians and the little boy comes to leave with her.

Well, this is a pretty good German helmet scene.

Saving Private Ryan Funny Helmet Scene - YouTube

One of the most "Full on" scenes would have to be the beach landing at the start of "saving private Ryan" so intense and relentless, must have been pure Hell.

Its got to be the eagle has landed. Classic Caine as Kurt Steiner. Plus when they are first discovered as german soldiers on the water wheel.

The Eagle Has Landed - Michael Caine as Kurt Steiner - YouTube

Not a movie, but a TV series, the 1960s show Combat!, the black and white episodes. I used to watch it just to see German helmets. They are re-broadcasting Combat! on H & I TV on Saturday nights, great show. Far more realistic than Band of Brothers.

Das boot and SPR

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4