Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question

Article about: Hi folks. Im a newby here. I recently bought a nice M1 fixed bail in great shape at a yard sale for 5 bucks. At the time I didnt realize it was going to cost me another 800.00 for the Luftwa

Default Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question

Hi folks. Im a newby here. I recently bought a nice M1 fixed bail in great shape at a yard sale for 5 bucks. At the time I didnt realize it was going to cost me another 800.00 for the Luftwaffe helmet i bought to display along side it but that another story. Anyway the helmet has a Liner with the yellow SC makers mark and the liner itself is ok bit the webbing has seen some serious use. Would I increase the helmets value by restoring the webbing professionally or should i leave it the way the soldier who owned left it. My biggest worry is the rust to the inner metal parts of the webbing in the front. i figure they will eventually just turn to dust..any input will be welcome Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question   Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question  

Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question   Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It is fine and original. Do not touch it, you will only devalue it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Authentic M1 SC Liner..To restore or not to restore... that is my question

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It is fine and original. Do not touch it, you will only devalue it.

Cheers, Ade.

I second that! I don't think it looks that bad

Why restore it? It's used...and it's Supposed to look used. Like they said above, if you change anything on it, it will only hurt the value of a nice original helmet. It's not like you intend to Wear it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

ahhh..that was quick...i got the message guys...thanks

And welcome to the Forum!
    Regards