Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?

Article about: I have read some great threads on this forum in regards to the preservation of relic ground dug helmets many of which showed amazing results. I recently purchased my first ground dug relic h

Nothing to be sorry about, I'm just glad I misunderstood!

Personally I find Oxalic bit too intrusive, even though you get rid of pesky rust and clean up paint etc. you still lose that lovely "fresh out of the ground" relic look. In the end it's of course up to you but personally I have decided that, in most cases, I will walk away from relic helmets if they absolutely NEED any stronger treatment than a gentle wipe of Renaissance wax to seal it off. That said, if provable history is there or if it's in a special configuration I will go for it anyway -- totally a matter of taste I guess but that's my way of picking relic helmets anyway.

Good luck and, remember, show us the results when you're done

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?
    P
    Many

Here are the results after Oxalic acid treatment and Renaissance Wax. -Jeremy

Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?Battle Damaged M40 Relic Helmet: Restoration Candidate?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2