Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The cleaning of an M1C helmet

Article about: Hi, i spent a big portion of the afternoon cleaning my m1, after some hard work, lots of scratching and dedication these are the results A major part of the superficial rust was removed, lea

Default The cleaning of an M1C helmet

Hi, i spent a big portion of the afternoon cleaning my m1, after some hard work, lots of scratching and dedication these are the results
    A major part of the superficial rust was removed, leaving the helmet now a lot cleaner, and with a smooth surface.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cleaning of an M1C helmet   The cleaning of an M1C helmet  

The cleaning of an M1C helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The cleaning of an M1C helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: The cleaning of an M1C helmet

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cleaning of an M1C helmet   The cleaning of an M1C helmet  

My apologies, i seem to have uploaded the same photo twice
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cleaning of an M1C helmet  

This is how it looked before the cleaning
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cleaning of an M1C helmet  

This is after.:The results are very good, considering that was only used some scotchbrit, soap,water and lots of scratching.
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Last edited by António Fragoeiro; 05-09-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Hi Nuno.

Sorry about the earlier mix up, hard day at work

Look's good mate, after cleaning it shows all the original battle damage, this puppies got some scars, but's looks all the better for it

Did you source a liner for it, you might have said before, but the old memory is going

Keep 'em coming Mate , looks good.

Hi, no problem, i tought you might like to see the helmet cleaned, i found a good period liner for it, but its not very cheap, im currently biding on a german m40 helmet, after that ill go for the liner.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi, no problem, i tought you might like to see the helmet cleaned, i found a good period liner for it, but its not very cheap, im currently biding on a german m40 helmet, after that ill go for the liner.
    Best regards
    Nuno
    HI Nuno.

Yeah it's looking good, oh and good luck with the bidding war, I've given up on Nazi lids for a while, I find I can get 2-3 decent M1's ,for the price of a Half decent M42.

Life is full of difficult choices

Be lucky

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    HI Nuno.

Yeah it's looking good, oh and good luck with the bidding war, I've given up on Nazi lids for a while, I find I can get 2-3 decent M1's ,for the price of a Half decent M42.

Life is full of difficult choices

Be lucky
    Hi mate, about the german helmet, i won the auction, he sent the helmet today, with luck it will come in the mail tomorow, lets hope so.
    Best regards
    Nuno