Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cleaning a Maxim MG

Article about: Hello guys. I would like to get some advice on cleaning this relis Maxim MG. It still has some paint, i do not want to remove it. Of course. Will oxalic acid be the best choice. If so, what

?

Default Cleaning a Maxim MG

Hello guys. I would like to get some advice on cleaning this relis Maxim MG. It still has some paint, i do not want to remove it. Of course. Will oxalic acid be the best choice. If so, what should the percentage of the solution be?

Cleaning a Maxim MGCleaning a Maxim MGCleaning a Maxim MG

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cleaning a Maxim MG
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cleaning a Maxim MG

Looks like an awesome project, Lars! I have no idea how to do it... but I wish you the best of luck!

My thoughts exactly as Gizmo's! No clue, but best of luck! I'd sure like to see this old beast brought back to order again! Should be a heck of a project!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

All I can say is contact these Guys in RSA (South Africa) Blunderbuss in Alberton. 011 867-0370 you will need to work out the international phone code.
    They maybe? able to help?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-23-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added text

?

Damn!!!! A dug Max, I'm looking for one for the last..... for forever. Congrats!

As for the cleaning. It's going to be tireding, oxalic or citric acid, very light solution, something like a spoon for 5 lts and total control. Taking it out and cleaning , probably every 30 mins. If you chose oxalic, don't forget to neutralise it in soda(baking) water-when done.

But there is a lasy and long way also. Ask your fiends in Russia where to get Khozyastvennoe Mylo ( Very Powerful Soap ) . Get 5 or more, chop it into really hot water and give the Max a bath for a week, then clean it repeat and so on.

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    All I can say is contact these Guys in RSA (South Africa) Blunderbuss in Alberton. 011 867-0370 you will need to work out the international phone code.
    They maybe? able to help?
    Do they restore weapons or what do they do? Thanks Rene

?

Quote by ph3s View Post
    Damn!!!! A dug Max, I'm looking for one for the last..... for forever. Congrats!

As for the cleaning. It's going to be tireding, oxalic or citric acid, very light solution, something like a spoon for 5 lts and total control. Taking it out and cleaning , probably every 30 mins. If you chose oxalic, don't forget to neutralise it in soda(baking) water-when done.

But there is a lasy and long way also. Ask your fiends in Russia where to get Khozyastvennoe Mylo ( Very Powerful Soap ) . Get 5 or more, chop it into really hot water and give the Max a bath for a week, then clean it repeat and so on.
    What you mean is when using oxalic acid i should neutralize between every "bath" and cleaning with the soda solution? Khozyastvennoe Mylo must be what we call "brown soap" in Denmark, i guess.

Have a look in this thread if you have not already seen it. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...xim-mg-138632/

?

Damn!!!! PTRD as well, me drooling

Soda only on the very end of all procedures. Nasty bit it's cleaning, you gonna need a brush and couple of robber gloves. And yes, it's brown never been to Denmark, sorry.

Something like those