Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Dirty & partly eaten liner.

Article about: Hi guys! I bought a nice salty M40 Kriegsmarine helmet yesterday, the helmet has been hanging in the vet`s barn since he brought it back in 1945 and then it spent one month at the dealer`s b

Default Re: Dirty & partly eaten liner.

Here is the new and improved Hermann of the German Kriegsmarine

- after having enjoyed a long nap wearing a fine and thin layer of Vaseline.

I just wouldn`t feel comfy knowing that he would be full of pigeon poo and straw. Poor Hermann!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dirty & partly eaten liner.   Dirty & partly eaten liner.  

[COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dirty & partly eaten liner.
    P
    Many

?

Looking good so far, now leave it over night, in the morning take a clean cloth and wipe the whole liner over gently and leave it for the rest of the day, put some more vaseline on again in the evening and so on for the next couple of days

Thank you, will do that. Actually, the liner is starting to soften up a bit, but the strap, not so much.
    Can you recommend a treatment for the shell itself? NOT gloss, though.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

the shell needs nothing doing to it other than a wipe over with a damp cloth, anything else and risk taking patina away

I did clean it last night using a damp cloth and it came out nicely. So that should do it
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3