Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Displaying Helmets?

Article about: Right, this doesn't really match up with the rest of the threads but I'm not sure where else to put this (it covers more than one nations helmet!). So currently I just have my helmets sittin

?

Default Displaying Helmets?

Right, this doesn't really match up with the rest of the threads but I'm not sure where else to put this (it covers more than one nations helmet!). So currently I just have my helmets sitting on a bench, but I would like to try and display more nicely, perhaps raised? But I am not willing to spend all the money I would have to on properly made helmet stands, and would rather find a cheaper alternative to achieve that 'professional' display look!

But of course I do not want to damage the helmet shell's or liner's in any way - is there a way to go about this without that risk?

Any help would be appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Displaying Helmets?
    P
    Many

Sorry but I'm a lazy arse but this is how I do it Glass heads always work well

A lot ( including me ) use paper towel holders. Cut every other one down so you get a tiered effect.
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Displaying Helmets?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Sound's a fair enough plan either way, I cant believe I hadn't thought of a paper towel holder! Thanks guys

Quote by Danmark View Post
    A lot ( including me ) use paper towel holders. Cut every other one down so you get a tiered effect.
    Dan
    Yup me too, always works well

Don't know if you ever go to flee markets on a search for militaria, but if you do; keep a eye on things that could hold a helmet.
    I have all kinds of things, bottles, gun cartiges, stair poles, old flower vases (in any kind of materials), and so on....
    Sound stranges but they look good! ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I went with the very expensive display but Danmark has a very good idea with the paper towel holders I havent even thought of that.Displaying Helmets?

?

Woah now, you weren't kidding with expensive. It looks very good though - often the simplest solutions slip past!

?

As mentioned by Dan the paper towel holder is a great way to display helmets I as well add very light stainless steel bowls and attach it to the top of the holders after they have been cut down this gives a good solid medium to rest ones helmets on with out damaging the internal furniture the cost is approx $3.50 Cdn each...
    My own personal preference is Bamboo when I can find them as I find the wood stands display better...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Displaying Helmets?   Displaying Helmets?  

Displaying Helmets?  

You can get those units from Ikea, around £50

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast