MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

DRK visor cap

Article about: I have been reading about the best way to store the visor I ordered. I find conflicting info. I have a couple questions please. Will leaving the metal insignia attached to the cap harm it? A

?

Default DRK visor cap

I have been reading about the best way to store the visor I ordered. I find conflicting info. I have a couple questions please. Will leaving the metal insignia attached to the cap harm it? Also, I purchased a plastic display case for it. Should I put cedar balls inside the cap? I know I need to provide an insert to preserve the cap shape. Suggestions? Thank you in advance!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK visor cap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Any case that protects if from dust and stuff is a great idea. cedar is also wise to protect it from moths. fabric softener sheets (I am told) work as well.

I would never remove insignia from a hat. Leave it be. If it is stored correctly you should be fine.

As far as keeping the shape....there are many many ways to do this.

- Rolled up plastic bags,
    - model heads (made of inert material) - there are differing opinions on Styrofoam but if used, I cover with a cotton cloth
    - You can also buy sheets of open cell foam two or three inches thick (like for seat cushions). Cut to shape of the visor opening. Cover with cotton cloth and insert. This is my favorite method. If cut correctly (very easy to do), make it just 1/8 inch or so larger so it applies a lightly snug fit. It will help keep the hat shape.

If at all possible, try to keep the brim off the table so as not to create any pressure.

There are other methods as well. Will let others give their ideas.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

IMHO, Skipper Greenwade makes the BEST headgear stands available.
    Ralph.
    HEADGEAR DISPLAYS
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

A few visuals for very old photos of the different methods I use...not always pretty but it works.

For the visors you can see the foam (before I covered them in cotton). The extra layer of foam was to change the height to fit more into a tight space. It has been cleaned up since I took these pictures and is a lot "cleaner" and looks better.

the metal stands are just paper towel racks. Works great for helmets but would not recommend for visors

DRK visor cap
    DRK visor cap
    DRK visor cap
    DRK visor cap
    Last edited by MAP; 08-07-2016 at 02:46 AM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Some fine pieces in there,MAP! Looking good!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Some fine pieces in there,MAP! Looking good!
    post 126.....to see all in one place...

My Collection - A portion

thanks William!

?

Thank you guys so much for the suggestions!!!