Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dug up in Arromaches

Article about: Hello everyone! Just joined the forum and decided to show you all my first restoration job! This was (along with a couple other helmets I plan to do) dug up near Arromaches, the site of the

Do any of you know where in the UK I can get enamel paint? I am working up the money for a spray gun setup but for now am limited to cans. I was looking at RAL 7009 400ml Custom Filled Aerosol Spray Paint Can but any help would be wonderful. I wanna be as accurate as possible.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dug up in Arromaches
    P
    Many

I would think any model shop should have it and in the colours you'd want. Failing that I'm sure you'll find somewhere online which will probably be cheaper, just google "enamel model paint" or something like that.

?

remember this is from a firearms collector ( functional and operational) not a accumulator

the more people who bugger up their Nazi pistol and rifles, take them to the range to shoot and handle or restore, because they want to make them pretty
    increases the value of my collection. love these idiots

I love reading post about restoring grand dads luger and shooting it at the range, reason given " because its mine you can't tell me what to do with my pistol" thanks I can thank you more

My 2 cents worth is do not restore the Normandy helmet. Restore the one bought in Berlin because, as said earlier, there is no "historically" traceable info on it.

Update: So I decided to follow the advice of the forum and start with the M35, and results have been promising. Cleaned all the dirt and muck off to get a good look when I noticed two things, there is an inch or so crack on the crown of the helm. Not so much of an issue, but more importantly the maker's mark is just readable. Q50.

Quote by theredsunrising View Post
    Update: So I decided to follow the advice of the forum and start with the M35, and results have been promising. Cleaned all the dirt and muck off to get a good look when I noticed two things, there is an inch or so crack on the crown of the helm. Not so much of an issue, but more importantly the maker's mark is just readable. Q50.
    Won't be Q50 mate, probably Q66. The number is the shell size and they only made sizes 62, 64, 66 & the big bugger 68 ( so I'm guessing 66cm )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'll post photos once I get some more of the rust out. The reason I say 50 is due to the shell size. It's tiny, as in my 67 ET swallows it.

Ah, there was a size 60 made too so it os probably that.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Ah, there was a size 60 made too so it os probably that.

Dan
    You are quite correct, size 60 Quist.

Well, i have let the helmet sit in an electrolysis bath for a couple days and the results are astounding. The Q60 is now quite clear, and there was a batch number hidden under the rust and dirt. All I have to do now is wait for a sunny day for photos! The only prep work to do now is getting off the black rust specks, then it is ready for paint.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast