Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Extreme ageing....

Article about: this is a original M42 helmet shel, it had no original paint so I repainted it and set it up as a SD SS....everyhing apart from the shell is repro...over the last two years I have been playi

Default Re: Extreme ageing....

Any updates?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Extreme ageing....
    P
    Many

I think he's sleeping presently,believe it's around 3 AM in some parts of Australia...

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

I didn't mean right now! lol

?

Quote by ph3s View Post
    Interesting, have you ever try to put in to oven? (I'm serious)
    I think the idea was to achieve an aged helmet with the accessories still in place, if you put a helmet in an oven you have to take the liner out or the leather will shrink also the cover will most probably char, the only time you can put one in the oven is after a repaint to set the paint and even then the temperature has to be just right or bubbling occurs

Just leave it outside in the garden for 6 months and if it's very dry where you are you'll get a DAK effect, or if you prefer a European effect, water it on a regular basis.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by davejb View Post
    I think the idea was to achieve an aged helmet with the accessories still in place, if you put a helmet in an oven you have to take the liner out or the leather will shrink also the cover will most probably char, the only time you can put one in the oven is after a repaint to set the paint and even then the temperature has to be just right or bubbling occurs
    Been there done that!

?

Ok update....thawed out quite nicely... Damage to leather quite nice.....have put in back in th freezer on its own till tommorow, thn will let it dry out completely...

I am hoping that as the hlmet cover dries out it may shrink an possibly tear around the sems a bit.......

I though aboutsn oven on low heat for a bi but wrapped in aluminium foil...

I would advise against putting it in the oven, from personal experience.

?

I have a complete repro helmet buried in the backyard of my house that we are renting out for 18 months.....nothing originsl about this helmet, German made in 2006..... Again a long term experiment tht one...

Had to tell the tennants that if their dog digs it up, just rebury it for me!!!!

Fire up the Barbie, take it out of the freezer, fill it with cold tinnies and have a "Nazi party"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast