Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Extreme ageing....

Article about: this is a original M42 helmet shel, it had no original paint so I repainted it and set it up as a SD SS....everyhing apart from the shell is repro...over the last two years I have been playi

Default Re: Extreme ageing....

Extreme ageing....
    Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Fire up the Barbie, take it out of the freezer, fill it with cold tinnies and have a "Nazi party"
    Top Idea!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Extreme ageing....
    P
    Many

?

Oh what a travesty, you could at least make the beer Tooheys and perhaps some yabbies on the barbie

?

Will update with pics tommorow.....got a kid free weekend and enjoying the quiet....

I did something similar with my KM shell....had it down the RSL and used it as a donation tin

?

G'day ladies and gents,

Will post some pics tommorow of my progress....I sm trying to replicate wear and tear that would have occurred when it was owned by the Landser....this includes things like digging with it, bumps and strikes and using it to do everyday type things, eg wiping stuff off my hands on the cover, adding and removing foliage adding marks from doing this, it is currently going through a final stage......once it is dry, some final work will be done to the helmet cover....

?

I don't think I am giving away too much to potential fakers....my methods are amateur at best.....I m using my experience of my own helmet I wore in east Timor and Iraq, to do the same sort of things to this helmet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3