Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German M35 Restoration Project

Article about: by Nigel Lesgate A 'decalhelmet.com' project it seems. All of these lids will hit the marketplace eventually as original because there is no way to indeligibly etch them as repro and whateve

?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    A 'decalhelmet.com' project it seems. All of these lids will hit the marketplace eventually as original because there is no way to indeligibly etch them as repro and whatever can be done-- can be undone.
    Lovingly restored certainly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M35 Restoration Project
    P
    Many

I don't know. I feel as though I should take slight offense to that comment, Nigel. I don't recall having stated that I would sell the helmet? Nevertheless, should that have been my intention, then I would have the decency to inform potential buyers that the helmet has been restored.

NZEF2 your helmets are very good looking, I'm impressed.

I can only hope mine turn out half as good. I sense there might be a little friendly competition now

?

Quote by Danishkaiser View Post
    I don't know. I feel as though I should take slight offense to that comment, Nigel. I don't recall having stated that I would sell the helmet? Nevertheless, should that have been my intention, then I would have the decency to inform potential buyers that the helmet has been restored.

NZEF2 your helmets are very good looking, I'm impressed.

I can only hope mine turn out half as good. I sense there might be a little friendly competition now
    Yes I have spent years trying different effects, finally these days good quality paints are available. Look forward to seeing your results.

Quote by NZEF2 View Post
    Look forward to seeing your results.
    As do I.

Quick question to anyone who can answer it, where could I possibly find a M31 liner dated either 1935 or 1936 (the latest being 1937)?

The paint is on it's way and the project has not been abandoned! So for those who are following this little project, do not worry
    I simply haven't had that much time to spare lately, also I have been looking for parts for the helmet - hoping to get the 'best of the best' and not some cheap solution with Chinese produced reproductions (no offense).

In other news, to whom it may interest - I have acquired myself a M16/M17 helmet shell

In other news, to whom it may interest - I have acquired myself a M16/M17 helmet shell
    Then you best start a thread on it!

No offence should be taken here... but none of us will be around forever to admire our collections, leaving our family to part with them. They may not know any better about these restorations and unknowingly circulate them into collector markets... possibly with some natural age to them (hopefully) by then. Much like fakes of the 60s and the helmets painted by veterans kids in the fifties.

What does the "rifle browning treament" means ? BtW I have ordered the the decals at the Same shop for my m40 restoration

German M35 Restoration ProjectGerman M35 Restoration Project
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M35 Restoration Project  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3