MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German M42 to derestore

Article about: ok so i will make this my last as i think everyone is pretty well bored of all this by now, anyway as you can see its a m42 lid that some idiot thought slapping a bad Normandy camo job would

?

Default Re: German M42 to derestore

Quote by soalebm View Post
    Do you think someone put winter camo on it during the war as the second layer?
    nah its a complete relic that had a coat of grey paint then mixtures of filler & several coats of different colour paint on top of that just a total mess that needs allot more work to remove it all i haven't even started the inside yet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 to derestore
    P
    Many

HELMET_DOG
    ?

Great project, we wish you well on completing it.

?

Quote by HELMET_DOG View Post
    Great project, we wish you well on completing it.
    thanks mate Ive come to really enjoy doing things like this, i just don't understand the mentality of people that take a perfectly good helmet & ruin it by doing a poor restore job on it

?

Looks like a white wash ( stripper does not eat that, due of it's water adgesive) underneath
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

well the outside is complete looks really good now & can someone else confirm that there is still original paint still present
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M42 to derestore   German M42 to derestore  

German M42 to derestore   German M42 to derestore  

German M42 to derestore   German M42 to derestore  

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M42 to derestore   German M42 to derestore  

Hi Nick,
    that took some work getting that crap off i bet, It looks good stripped, i think you have a nice helmet there. It will make a nice addition to your collection. Let us see them when they are all finished.
    Dave.

?

hiya Dave
    it was very hard work especially getting that grey paint off although some still remains that i couldn't budge but its not yet finished as the inside still has allot of work to be done to it & the liner ring & split pins need to be cleaned up & reattached

?

you`re hard work is paying off now nick , it looks terrific now . cant tell from the pics if there`s any original paint left .

al

?

thanks mate if you look at the circled areas im sure thats paint as every thing else around it is rust ??????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast