Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Getting rid of rust on a german dress bayonet

Article about: Just as the title says, this is what I need help with. It has a light layer of rust on the blade, but I don't want to ruin the finish. Any ideas? Is there even anything to help this? It was

Default Getting rid of rust on a german dress bayonet

Just as the title says, this is what I need help with. It has a light layer of rust on the blade, but I don't want to ruin the finish. Any ideas? Is there even anything to help this? It was given to me from my grandfather, and he said he would like me to try and clean it up so he can see. I just want to the bayonet some justice. Thanks guys. If you need pictures just ask.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Getting rid of rust on a german dress bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Getting rid of rust on a german dress bayonet

Try "Semichrome" metal polish. Make sure you use a very small amount and work in one direction, across the blade and not up and down the length of the blade. Work slowly and carefully.

Cheers, Ade.

?

There are anumber of good products out there , i use two products , one is called SHINE, its made in germany but is readily available in the uk, the other is called AUTOSOL, both of these have a very gentle cleaning action and will take rust off and then protect the blade from tarnishing and re rusting, its advisable to apply the products regularly to maintain lasting care, its properties on both will clean most metals including gold and silver, pewter, and even ceramic hobs and fibreglass

Thanks you guys, do they have these priducts in the United States, as where I live?

?

Try your hardware store and see if they can get it or order it for you, it should be available somewhere in the states, the email address for shine is info@autosol.de, internet page AutosolĀ® // Autowachs Felgenreiniger Lackreiniger Lederpflege Metall-Politur AutosolĀ® // Autowachs Felgenreiniger Lackreiniger Lederpflege Metall-Politur

Semichrome is certainly available in the USA.

Cheers, Ade.