Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Heer M42 helmet project

Article about: In Ken N.'s book he shows his ET74 helmet that has been welded back together. Perhaps this was a wartime modification? Either way, good luck on the restoration! Can you read the factory stam

Default re: Heer M42 helmet project

In Ken N.'s book he shows his ET74 helmet that has been welded back together. Perhaps this was a wartime modification?

Either way, good luck on the restoration! Can you read the factory stamp/size and lot number?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M42 helmet project
    P
    Many

Heer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectIt was crtainly modified during the war Bud but i don't think intentionally! It was nearly torn in half, and the welding was definately done not that to long ago,
    i could see where the paint had been burnt from the heat of the electrode.
    The batch no# is 3681 I can make out an 8 above it which woulb 68 but the letters are not readable at all, looks like there was only 2 but i don't know, and thanks for your Luck, I may need it!!! LOL

Phill

Oooooops they uploaded twice!!

Heer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectProgress pics Here the initial filler has been sanded exposing the highs (the bare metal wich was hammered back into shape) and the lows (dark pink areas) which will need more filler.

Check out this thread from the GHW, this guy Ruffin does awesome repo lids!
    Board Message

That Guys a wizard Glenn!!

I'll say! He seems quite approachable too, perhaps he might give you some tips if you were to approach him directly.

?

Default Re: Heer M42 helmet project

Theres just one small problem that i can see, if you intend to put a liner in, if you look at the photo taken from the top looking inside, the liner pin holes are slightly out of alignment with there opposite number, unless its the angle of the photo. But if not then i would say the welding process has slightly distorted the shell which could make fitting a liner a little awkward as there holes will not match fully with a liners holes and you may have to do a bit of reconstruction

Well spotted Dave! I threaded a rod through to see and if theres a dicrepency at all it would be miniscule, must've been the camera angle mate.

Phill

Heer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectMore progress pics

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast