Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Heer M42 helmet project

Article about: In Ken N.'s book he shows his ET74 helmet that has been welded back together. Perhaps this was a wartime modification? Either way, good luck on the restoration! Can you read the factory stam

Default Re: Heer M42 helmet project

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

Here is a link to the artificial patina stuff they used on cleaned ancient coins:
    Patina Restoration Products - CRE Loaded Ecommerce
    Cheers Giz thanks for taking the time I'll have to check it out

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M42 helmet project
    P
    Many

Heer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectMore pics G'day all, Now I'm Tipping they will prob load up Arse about so what we have is the black basecoat rubbed back and 2 coats of green basecoat, I'm wanting the top coat darker, the same as the Gasmask fliter but I'll have to get that colour matched at a paint shop, I'm also leaning towards a SD Heer With a basket instead of Camo.

Phill

The Decal is suck on with Blue Tak just foe thr photo... can anyone reccomend a good site for quality Decals on-line?

?

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    The Decal is suck on with Blue Tak just foe thr photo... can anyone reccomend a good site for quality Decals on-line?
    I have restored quite a few WW2 German helmets that I bought from a guy that had a horde of them in varying conditions. I got my decals for them from this site: German Helmet Decals

They make some decals that are real high quality......

Thanks Karl, I have dealt with tem before

?

Hey Phill try this place i found them pretty good to deal with and quick

https://www.landser.com/cart.aspx

Greg

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Heer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectHeer M42 helmet projectMore pics G'day all, Now I'm Tipping they will prob load up Arse about so what we have is the black basecoat rubbed back and 2 coats of green basecoat, I'm wanting the top coat darker, the same as the Gasmask fliter but I'll have to get that colour matched at a paint shop, I'm also leaning towards a SD Heer With a basket instead of Camo.

Phill
    Phill, that helmet is really looking good, you are doing a great job with it. Mate this might sound strange but to match up the paint try going into your closest model or hobby shop, they should have model paints that match the German military colours very accurately. You can also get them from there in pressure pack cans for bigger jobs, the cans are'nt like full size pressure pack paint cans but 2 - 3 should do your helmet quite comfortably. Have a look mate and see what you reckon. Cheers, Dave.

Quote by Studly View Post
    Hey Phill try this place i found them pretty good to deal with and quick

https://www.landser.com/cart.aspx

Greg
    Thanks Greg, the name rings a bell? I'll check them out

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Phill, that helmet is really looking good, you are doing a great job with it. Mate this might sound strange but to match up the paint try going into your closest model or hobby shop, they should have model paints that match the German military colours very accurately. You can also get them from there in pressure pack cans for bigger jobs, the cans are'nt like full size pressure pack paint cans but 2 - 3 should do your helmet quite comfortably. Have a look mate and see what you reckon. Cheers, Dave.
    Thanks Dave, it was one of the first places i checked out, i used to build alot of Tamiya kits when i was a kid and they do the small pressure packs but they are a tad dear, the paint on the lid now was made up for me by a local bloke who can colour match anything and put it in a fullsize spray can for $30 Bucks, "Too Easy" Cheers Phill.

No worries Phill, the model paints are shockingly expensive, the colours are spot on and the quality of the paint is great but they bloody charge like wounded bulls for it. Well done mate, Dave.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast