Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Heer M42 helmet project

Article about: In Ken N.'s book he shows his ET74 helmet that has been welded back together. Perhaps this was a wartime modification? Either way, good luck on the restoration! Can you read the factory stam

?

Default Re: Heer M42 helmet project

Phil, try a product called Sympacolor if you can get it there, thats what a lot of people use here for restoration and re-enactment, they supply most of the german colors and are pretty accurate, and they cost about £7-8 , $30 seems a bit much to me for a can of spray paint, these ones come in a 400ml can of dark grey, dark green and desert tan, i use them all the time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M42 helmet project
    P
    Many

The colour of the gas mask filter is a great
    match for a M42 lid..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Dave, I have'nt heard of them here but i'll Google em up $30 Bucks for a can of spraypaint!!!!! yaeh ask the Missus about that LOL...But he actually mixes the paint himself and pressurises it as a one off, obviously it would be cheaper by the Dozen but it's not too bad for custom paint

Cheers, Phill

AIF
    ?

Mate that lid looks unreal now!! And to think It was just a rusted broken piece of junk not so long ago

I take my hat (m42 ) off to you mate It looks brilliant cant wait to see it finished!!

Luke.

Cheers Luke

New colour??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M42 helmet project   Heer M42 helmet project  

Heer M42 helmet project   Heer M42 helmet project  

Heer M42 helmet project   Heer M42 helmet project  

Heer M42 helmet project  

Very Nice thanks for the knowledge!!

O.K
    1. colour matched gamask at hobby shop with"off the shelf " paint, nothing like it!!
    2.looks good from a distance
    3. i like the texture
    4.lightly sanded
    5. ready to start
    6. ??? Battle field Grey ???

I don't know it certainly isn't the colour i wanted, i am going to apply aluminium oxide to it which is still on its way from England but this paint is almost instant drying on contact! so i don't know how i could achieve that with this medium? I welcome all opinions but i thhink it looks like something out of Mc Hales Navy LOL

Phill

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Very Nice thanks for the knowledge!!
    Your in a very "Likeable" mood today Mate, Cheers

Phill

?

Phill , if your going to apply ally oxide to the helmet, dont try it with the spray , it wont work properly, try this, get yourself a spray can of flat matt clear sealer, spray the helmet and before it dries sprinkle the A/O over it, let it dry completely, then gently wipe any excess off until you get a nice even look to it, then spray your colour on, two applications should do it, once fully dry, spray again with the flat sealer and take a clean cloth rolled into a ball and while the sealer is still tacky, dab the cloth all over the helmet, this helps to create the stimpling effect and to dull the paint down to a nice aged look, you might want to try all this on a piece of sheet metal first so you guage the effect you will get and the more practise the better

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast