Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Heer M42 helmet project

Article about: In Ken N.'s book he shows his ET74 helmet that has been welded back together. Perhaps this was a wartime modification? Either way, good luck on the restoration! Can you read the factory stam

Default Re: Heer M42 helmet project

Your'e a Champion Dave, Thanks Mate,Looks like back to the Colour matcher for the paint.
    I went to see him today and as thecolour i wanted doesn't exist on any of his charts it's a bit of a task for his time so he suggested making a larger batch of paint but it would take him longer ETC..ETC..By the time i've finished i probably could have bought a half decent lid lol.
    Thanks again for your help and watch this space as they say.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M42 helmet project
    P
    Many

No matter what happens this exercise has been a great learning experience for you and also the rest of us. Thanks!

?

every time I read this thread, I wanna give up anything else and start on my helmet

WOODSNAKE if I fail my term exams, I gonna blame you and this thread

ian
    ?

[URL="www.miniatures.de/colour-ral-farben"]www.miniatures.de/colour-ral-farben.html
    i dont know how to do a link properly but try this sight
    it converts german ral code paint to modern paint codes
    cheers ian

Thanks Guys It ain't over till the Fat lady sings

Quote by davejb View Post
    Phill , if your going to apply ally oxide to the helmet, dont try it with the spray , it wont work properly, try this, get yourself a spray can of flat matt clear sealer, spray the helmet and before it dries sprinkle the A/O over it, let it dry completely, then gently wipe any excess off until you get a nice even look to it, then spray your colour on, two applications should do it, once fully dry, spray again with the flat sealer and take a clean cloth rolled into a ball and while the sealer is still tacky, dab the cloth all over the helmet, this helps to create the stimpling effect and to dull the paint down to a nice aged look, you might want to try all this on a piece of sheet metal first so you guage the effect you will get and the more practise the better
    Thanks again Dave still waiting on the A/O but have managed to source the flat clear sealer, I can get it here made by Humbrol, not cheap, but what is these days

Regards Phill

Ally oxide arrived today so i'm into it again, started with a test application on some scrap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M42 helmet project   Heer M42 helmet project  

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Ally oxide arrived today so i'm into it again, started with a test application on some scrap.
    Where did you get that? I have been wanting some for my shell!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Where did you get that? I have been wanting some for my shell!
    I imported it from the U.K from a guy called Jim Jaques he paints helmets and sells all the materials, Liners, chinstraps, RAL Spec paints he's got it all, you can find him on e-bay.

Sorry trying to upload some more pics but it's all going Wrong!! Later

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast