Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How can i clean these pieces up?

Article about: Hi all,i`d love to remove the corrosion on these items and what looks like silver paint off the badges,any suggestions?. Also if anyone can identify anything here would be much appreciated.

Default Re: How can i clean these pieces up?

The rings I have never seen before, sorry. To be honest they don't inspire me with any confidence. The unit numbers don't make sence, as these units did not exist. I think they are fantasy items.

Here is what the WHW badges would look like in mint condition on the rare collectors card.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How can i clean these pieces up?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How can i clean these pieces up?
    P
    Many

The badges look great and with those gem stones? in them. Thanks Ade,god only knows what the alu rings are then,nevermind i`m happy with it all for the princely sum of £2
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Did you know about this? Rust Removal Tip - Video

The guys liked it. How to remove rust

Hi Mark, while the helpful tips given by Adi and stuka f are good for use on steel, they would not be of use to you on the WHW badges.

These badges are made of zink. This material, once it starts to deteriorate, cannot really be saved. Read up on "zink pest". All you can do is apply a thin coat of Vaseline or "RenWax" museum grade wax. This will not kill the problem, but it will slow down its effects.

Cheers, Ade.

Don't want to put a downer on the ali rings but they look like bird rings to me, the type put on a birds leg to tag them, each would have a separate individual reference number.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Hi Adi,thanks for the link!,lol like somebody said before...pure scorcery! .I love it,i`ll be making a big vat up to put my whole car in. Great for future reference,much appreciated Adi.

lol luckystrike,you could be right there but the rings are the size of my 4th finger. so it must be one big ole bird.

Cheers Ade, the "zinc pest" was interesting.I did want to take the silver paint off,but maybe i should just leave them as is?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mark, while the helpful tips given by Adi and stuka f are good for use on steel, they would not be of use to you on the WHW badges.

These badges are made of zink. This material, once it starts to deteriorate, cannot really be saved. Read up on "zink pest". All you can do is apply a thin coat of Vaseline or "RenWax" museum grade wax. This will not kill the problem, but it will slow down its effects.

Cheers, Ade.
    I don't know if it's true or not Ade, but another collector told me recently that he dips his zinc badges in olive oil. He told me it slows the process down, I have yet to field test it.

Hi Troy, that method will work too. I have heard of it, but never tried it.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2