Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

Article about: Hello, I have recently aquired a few Japanese and allied ww2 war relics in Papua New Guinea (as per pics) and would like some advise on how to preserve them. This is all new to me so any inf

jamtin
    ?

Default Re: How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

yes dave its very strick here in australia , the police want to know everything about you, your history, where you live , what you would like to collect, a legitimate reason why you want to collect it, what type, how many, why so many, etc...you got to do saftey course, join a gun club, join a historical collectors club, lodge an application for a permit to police who do a back ground check on you, if you pass the check you get your permit. you have to be a model citizen, any trouble & you loose your permit along with your collection & you cannot reply for another 5 years, what more can you ask for? australia where the government watches everyone very closely, i think they have more freedom in russia lol. cheers james

2. # ADS

Default Re: How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

Be VERY careful... even with objects bought from collectors. I bought a Greman AZ23 8.8cm fuse from a collector in France and when I opened the package I found it was live. Now I'm stuck with it. Another friend who collects Japanese ordinance bought a PERFECT large Japanese mortar round from a fellow collector. It say on a shelf in his house for a year before he decided to play with it. When he unscrewed the fuse he thought it strange that the fuse still had a gaine attached. He looked inside the round and realized the round was still 100% live. He realized how lucky he was that the round hadn't detonated when he unscrewed the fuse. Has to have EOD remove and disarm it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2