Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luminol ?

Article about: I've read often of blood stains on collecticable items. I was wondering if anyone has actually ever tried to analyze those stains with Luminol, since it is now readily available. I am not su

?

Default Luminol ?

I've read often of blood stains on collecticable items. I was wondering if anyone has actually ever tried to analyze those stains with Luminol, since it is now readily available. I am not sure if the liquid will stain or damage the object as well.
    I don't think I haveanything with blood stains, with the exception of my grandpa's sahariana jacket which was worn when he was hit at his hands while shooting as machinegunner. I see some brownish stains but I never verified it.

If someone has tested that, it would be interesting to see some pictures documenting it.
    Regards

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luminol ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luminol ?

Quote by Zeller View Post
    I've read often of blood stains on collecticable items. I was wondering if anyone has actually ever tried to analyze those stains with Luminol, since it is now readily available. I am not sure if the liquid will stain or damage the object as well.
    I don't think I haveanything with blood stains, with the exception of my grandpa's sahariana jacket which was worn when he was hit at his hands while shooting as machinegunner. I see some brownish stains but I never verified it.

If someone has tested that, it would be interesting to see some pictures documenting it.
    I agree, i think it would be very interesting to hear and see some results on this.

?

That is a neat idea.
    What most people think are blood stains are some types of unknown liquids that have accidently spilled on an artifact.
    SteveR

?

I also think so. the only downside is that I've been told that luminol stain clothing so you risk to damage your piece. But on other artifacts it may work.
    Regards

Matt

michelstorm
    ?

For restoration of bayonets, I found the handle pitch substance which was later found that the dried blood. Bayonet was cheap because of dried blood was nearly as quiet and changed the shape of the handles. I hope to see in the picture.
    greeting. Storm