Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M17 Camo Preservation Before & After

Article about: Hi all Thought I'd post & share a few images of my M17 of before and after rust convertor as I've seen many posts on such. I bought two of these in the last week, one being a camo and on

?

Hi MAP

I certainly appreciate the 'purist driven' as I am one in 20th Century Design Collectables that I pursue but with metal & rust I just don't trust rust (no pun intended).
    When I was growing up my dad bought a new car and it was what was known later as a bad production of metal and it rusted out in less than 5 years and those were the days of very limited guarantee. Saying that it wouldn't have affected the actual helmet for years but it would have deteriorated the painted camouflage rather quickly and covered it with a brown film which I just wouldn't have been able to remove. I mentioned that it came with another as they were Vet bring backs and that one is plain but that's covered in that brown film of rust I've just spoken about and I doubt I'll be able to get that off.
    I like salty as I have a few WW2 camos as such but salty rust I don't, not like this was anyway.

Each to their own and I respect and understand those differences.

And I hope you're wrong too

Here's an image of the other I bought off the same seller with that impenetrable brown film of rust.

M17 Camo Preservation Before & After

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Camo Preservation Before & After
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2