Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Q66 refurbishment project

Article about: Here starts my first refurbishment project. The goal is apple green WH DD. The helmet had post war black paint and SS decals. I took the helmet to sodablasting. Next im going to try to sandp

It is due to certain chemicals in the paint slowly dissipating over time that the paint looks more shiny, though it also comes with use, when this smooth paint is rubbed and under a lot of contact it will look shiny, too.
    For my M35 helmet restorations I tend to use fine steel wool to make the paint look less matte.
    Though don't press too hard as otherwise you will end up scratching the paint.
    Luis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Q66 refurbishment project
    P
    Many

Buy a original liner and strap
    Complete it so original as possible
    They were expensiver but aviable
    I like your restoration
    BR
    Bavarian

Thank you for your answers guys. I finally got the liner system coming to me via mail and will upload photos when they've arrived.

Bavarian: I wouldnt dare to put original liner system to this, as I might use it for reenacting, but I ordered basically best repros I could find.

Default .

Project completed!

Sorry, no pictures from along the assembly process, I forgot. I applied some leather grease to all leather parts to keep them in better shape. I decided to make it SD. Will try to get better pictures in natural light.

A tip to all attempting to fit the split pins: dont do it alone. It was pain in both physical and mental level and would never do it without extra pair of hands again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Q66 refurbishment project   M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

M35 Q66 refurbishment project   M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

Default .

More pictures. Now all it needs to have is some authentic wear. That's not gonna happen with tools but natural use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Q66 refurbishment project   M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

Looks really good Finnlander! Well done.

Andy

Thanks Andy !

?

It looks great-good job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2