Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 restoration project

Article about: Hello to all enthusiast of restorations; I’m back and this time up for restoration is M35. I purchased the helmet for \\$150 and it is in great shape as far as rust and pitting. Someone came u

Default M35 restoration project

Hello to all enthusiast of restorations; I’m back and this time up for restoration is M35. I purchased the helmet for $150 and it is in great shape as far as rust and pitting. Someone came up with a great idea of painting the helmet gold and to me that equals to FUBAR. That’s why I decided to totally restore it, new paint, new liner and decals. My idea is to transform golden goose to M35 HEER combat helmet with double decals. Like with the last helmet I’ll try to post photos of the progress.
    Like always, thanks for all the feedback and knowledge that’s being shared on this forum.

M35 restoration projectM35 restoration projectM35 restoration projectM35 restoration projectM35 restoration projectM35 restoration project

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 restoration project
    P
    Many

Hi JohnyWoo, sounds like another very interesting project. I'm looking forward to following your progress. Are you sure there isn't any original paint and/or decals underneath the gold paint? What about the liner that is in there now, you mention that you are planning to replace it with a brand new one - any chance I could 'inherit' this old liner?

- Dan

Quote by Danishkaiser View Post
    Hi JohnyWoo, sounds like another very interesting project. I'm looking forward to following your progress. Are you sure there isn't any original paint and/or decals underneath the gold paint? What about the liner that is in there now, you mention that you are planning to replace it with a brand new one - any chance I could 'inherit' this old liner?

- Dan

Hi, I used a cotton pad soaked with acetone to remove golden paint and found nothing more than “naked” metal. I know, disappointing………. As far as liner goes, I’m about to PM you.