Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

M38 Fallschirmjäger relic - cleaning using... oxalic acid?

Article about: Hi, yes thanks for all of the advice you guys. Well, in contrast to what one might think, the steel is still very solid and firm. Perhaps some of you are already familiar with the term, but

Default Re: M38 Fallschirmjäger relic - cleaning using... oxalic acid?

Yes,

I'm selling the helmet, don't really understand your problem Wayne as I have the right to sell my stuff..? I know you said you were glad that it was being sold to a collector rather than a dealer but I have my reasons for selling it.

So what's the deal with the link, are you trying to prevent people from buying a cleaned helmet?

I would like to know what I am not honest about? The only person who wasn't honest in selling it were you Wayne. You sold it to me as a MUSTARD CAMO relic when all there was to it was rust. Must have been quite a bummer seeing the real camo tones I guess...

The liner is original to the helmet and DID fell out. Not my fault either, but I'm sure the trip from Britain to here will have loosened it up. You believe what you want, of course.

Good for the business btw, humiliating your customers in public... If you regret selling the helmet or have any other problems you may want to add do it via e-mail please, rather than discussing what I do with MY helmet on public forums.

All I did with the helmet was clean it, and yes I am aware of the hazardous effects of oxalic acid. And yes I've been very careful with the product, wore gloves, goggles, etc.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Fallschirmjäger relic - cleaning using... oxalic acid?
    P
    Many

No mate your totally correct its yours to do with as you choose my only problem is the fact your selling it without the mention of cleaning it not one..as for my buisness everything that's listed is IN MY collection i have much much more that i wont list i've already made more than enough profits to pay for the setup of it if they stay with me thats cool win win,, ..i think my prices are very very cheap i like to pass on my good deals to other collectors if i can help it...As for the Mustard camo i've provided pics that seem to show a yellow patches hence the mustard camo..good luck with your sale i just hope you do the decent thing and mention the cleaning you've done..
    regards
    wayne

I will notify the buyer. No need to worry, some people prefer them untouched, and I respect that. Others prefer them clean, without dirt falling out from it all the time.

I'm sorry to hear you don't like the mild cleaning 'result', I regret not being a wizard as well

Well, everyone his opinion.

Best,

?

Well its not my concern who you sell the helmet to provided its clearly noted its been treated etc, my only concern was that IMO it should have been left as original, and also that extreme care was taken when using oxalic, so i take it that you have read the post concerning the safety aspects and are happy that you took all the necessary precautions and not only the ones on the instructions issued with the product, the post that Steve T submitted is quite an eye opener

I know, you should handle the acid as if you were suffering from hosophobia. A little amount on your skin is enough to get ill because of it.
    If it does touch your skin, wash with lots of water and soap for about 10 minutes.

I will notify buyer that the helmet has been treated, you do not need to worry he will know.

Best,

?

From your reply it would appear that you have not read the related post as there are many more precautions and side effects associated with oxalic acid than you mention, but its your choice, i know many people use it but im one of those who would rather not risk a lifelong health condition or worse for the sake of cleaning a bit of metal ,but each to their own

Quote by davejb View Post
    From your reply it would appear that you have not read the related post as there are many more precautions and side effects associated with oxalic acid than you mention, but its your choice, i know many people use it but im one of those who would rather not risk a lifelong health condition or worse for the sake of cleaning a bit of metal ,but each to their own
    I wore a face mask as well, of course, even treated it back to the wind ;-). Wore two pairs of latex gloves under a pair of working gloves... Even changed my clothes when I was done, appreciate your concern though... Did read the post very carefully.

Best,

?

Thank you, after all, forwarned is forarmed

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6