Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M40 helmet ??????

Article about: well ive been looking round & if you mean Oxalic Acid then i can get it on ebay for £5.00 a tub ???

?

Default Re: M40 helmet ??????

well ive been looking round & if you mean Oxalic Acid then i can get it on ebay for £5.00 a tub ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet ??????
    P
    Many

?

anyone else got an opinion or advise to be honest im a bit disappointed 116 views but only 2 people try to help well sort of never mind guess its not that interesting anyway

Hi Nick , if you have seen my thread on the m16 you can see what i achieved useing a product called acetone , it took the top layer of more modern water base paint of easy with out effecting the next layer , the other layers of paint were a bit different , older oil base paint , for this i used paint stripper , but you have to be careful it can be pretty agressive so i just did small areas at a time , but if you going to strip the lid back to metal it will do the job .cheers Raymond

?

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Hi Nick , if you have seen my thread on the m16 you can see what i achieved useing a product called acetone , it took the top layer of more modern water base paint of easy with out effecting the next layer , the other layers of paint were a bit different , older oil base paint , for this i used paint stripper , but you have to be careful it can be pretty agressive so i just did small areas at a time , but if you going to strip the lid back to metal it will do the job .cheers Raymond
    ok thanks mate just dident want to buy this stuff only to find i dident need to

Reg
    ?

Hi Guys, on a similar vein to Wolfys thread (not abusing his beautifuly adorned but rather kickass beatbox) does anyone know any good sources of parts for restoring german helmets, ive a dicky M35 im considering tarting up a bit.

I'll sit and await the horror of die-hard relic collectors but we cant all run to mint examples and if the lid is original and can be bought back to pleasing appearance why not?

Tin hat on and ready for the flack!!!!

?

i know people dont like ebay much but have a look you can get rivets & liner bands as well as chin straps both real & repro from time to time

& no phil ya cant have my stereo to add to your relic collection

Reg
    ?

Chers Phil, Im still in two minds as to keeping it as-is, ive got a decent replica as a representation, would just be nice to have a tidy original tho. I seem to come by all sorts of relics as Im just a bit too tight to splash out on originals. LOL.

Reg

Reg
    ?

Couldnt you bash it about and put the innards into a nice old bakelite "wireless" case to blend in better with the lids? or doesnt drum and bass sound the same from a mono speaker?..... Sory wolfman, I said I wouldnt abuse the sound system!!!

Reg

Reg
    ?

Ill try and post some pics later, theres a grainy longshot on the M35 / Piklehaube thread as I was giving it second billing to a Picklehaube I was over the moon with getting for a fiver (told you I was tight) the M35 came from a skip (proof Im tight) the Pickle later proved to be a convincing fake OOps, so now the cinderella is belle of the scrap collection. LOL

Reg

Hi Reg, this is heresy in book. Don't mess with it. I would really like to see this helmet in person.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast