Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

M40 helmet resto

Article about: by davejb looking Good Phill whats this one gonna be Thinking of going the whole Hog and doing a Camo theme with a half basket SD SS......Seeing how thats the only decal i had left

Default Re: M40 helmet resto

My last pic posted has revealed the original colour (after a clean up) which looks the same as i have been using to paint my M42's, bit of luck there as i still have some left

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet resto
    P
    Many

Bahahah Dave me Ol Mate, and yes indeed "Here we go again" I'm understanding everything you say, but it's too late to turn back now, i have already given it a coat of Hi Fill primer putty and it looks worse than it did!! i know i'm in for a lot of work and i may need a set of Spectacles by the time i'm done, but it will get done, with the a little help from my Friends... Cheers Mate

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Yes, many of us are on the lookout on Ebay for liners. I've lost out on a few myself. It all depends on if you can afford to drop the cash on it because someone else can if you don't. Be patient, everything you need will show up at the right time. I have actually lost items at auction but another was posted shortly thereafter and I was able to grab that one. You'll get a good liner sooner or later. Good work so far.
    Thanks Mate keep sending me the Good Vibes

?

Oh well, more sleepless nights ahead, i'll put the coffee on lol

Ya make me Laugh Dave

Got to go soon Havin a Barbie, so if i don't reply no offense intended but i will be back ,Havagoodweekend

As its going to be a totally refurbed shell I personally wouldn't bother with trying for an original liner etc. Just use the repo stuff and if you do come across an original liner/chinstrap etc, save them for a lid that you'll be keeping in 'as found' condition. JMO.

M40 helmet restoM40 helmet restoG'day all, a few more pics. This is the first coat of Hi-build primer....Ugly!

M40 helmet restoM40 helmet resto

First sand back.

M40 helmet restoM40 helmet resto

2nd coat

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast