Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

M40 helmet resto

Article about: by davejb looking Good Phill whats this one gonna be Thinking of going the whole Hog and doing a Camo theme with a half basket SD SS......Seeing how thats the only decal i had left

Default Re: M40 helmet resto

M40 helmet restoM40 helmet resto

2nd sand

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet resto
    P
    Many

M40 helmet restoM40 helmet resto

3rd coat 0f Hi-build with a guide coat.

she's starting to look good Phill.
    Well done mate

Not a bad 'fill' for only 3 coats of hi-build! That stuff is way easier to sand than if you'd bogged the lid hey?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    she's starting to look good Phill.
    Well done mate
    Cheers Dave, it's getting there.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Not a bad 'fill' for only 3 coats of hi-build! That stuff is way easier to sand than if you'd bogged the lid hey?
    Shit Yeah Glenn, seeing it didn't have any major damage there was no real need for bog.

Only thing is the hi-fill can shrink back abit later but I guess you'll be sitting the lid out in that nice hot Melbourne sun to 'bake' after each coat?

?

G'day mate,

Can I ask why you are restoring this??? I quite like relic helmets, and I have just refitted a M40 SS relic with relic liner and pins, and it displays really well. I like the before photos of the relic, it looked great the way it was....your doing a great job on it, but I still have the question as to why... I just think it had more character as it was.....it's just my opinion and it's your helmet.....

?

Ok i dont know if ive asked this before but my old brain loses a lot of cells now, so what the Ffffflaming heck is BOG, is it similar to car filler or do you have some form of secret paste only you guys know about, only over here its a word for the loo or a swampy marsh area, looking good so far Phill

?

It's what Australians call the stuff people use on cars to fill rust holes etc, can't remember the American term for it

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast