Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M42 helmet

Article about: Hey, I visited a Veteran today. The Veteran gave me an M42 in Relic condition. It is rusted to hell. he said that his son and his friend found it and gave it to him. They dug it up in German

Post M42 helmet

Hey, I visited a Veteran today. The Veteran gave me an M42 in Relic condition.
    It is rusted to hell. he said that his son and his friend found it and gave it to him. They dug it up in Germany about 10 years ago.

My question is should i clean it, (i think i should) and what should i use to clean off the rust. Is there any process you use to get it off?
    If you think i should keep it as it is then let me know. I can really see any paint. it mostly rust.

The Veteran was really nice and i enjoyed having talked to him. He has some other ww2 stuff, that he brought back from Europe. But I'm pretty sure he going to give it to his sons. I think it great that to have a ww2 family hairloom. I try not to take away ,the opportunity for family hairloom.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42  helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 helmet

can anyone help me?

Here are pictures of the Helmet

M42  helmetM42  helmetM42  helmetM42  helmet

Thanks, who ever moved thread to the right section

I do not think you should 'clean' it at all.

Anything that was originally on it is long gone - ie: paint, decal, lot number,
    maker and size markings. Cleaning it will only remove more metal.

It is a fine relic the way it is.................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Franz, looks like it had a decal, go to the restoration area of this site, you'll find many ways to clean it up and possibly bring up the decal. I've never had one in that shape so can't give you first hand info. Others on this site have and probably chime in. Check restoration, you'll find a wealth of information there. Good Luck, John

thank you guys

There is not much to loose try some oxic if the metal is still heavy