Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mosin Nagant restoration/preservation

Article about: So I picked up this Mosin Nagant yesterday which was in a rather bad condition, this in a way attracted me, so I decided I had to get it. I think I am going to keep it in this condition, but

Default Re: Mosin Nagant restoration/preservation

I paid about 80 $ for it, I doubt it's worth more than that, but I really like it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mosin Nagant restoration/preservation
    P
    Many

Hi Vegar. It's a lot of work, but it will be enjoyable and you should be quite pleased
    with the results when you are done. Overall, the rifle will look much better.
    Worth the $80, I think !

Do you intend on removing the finish from the stock as well, or are you
    going to try and keep the original patina and markings.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

I think I'm just about done with the rifle now, I just need a replacement screw which is on the way. I'll try to get some pictures later today if I have time(Exams etc).
    It doesn't actually look that different, other than all the dirt removed inside/outside it, but I will keep it in that condition, I've waxed the whole thing with renaissance wax, and I just need a replacement screw for it(Which is on the way) and I'll be done.

I'll keep the original patina and markings. I've been told from a different forum that the markings are Chinese Post-war(Might have been used in the Chinese Civil war/Korean war, who knows), and it also has a East-German marking on it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Chinese, Russian, and E. German markings? Nice dose of concentrated history in that rifle. I've never seen a Chinese marked one before.

Here are some pictures I took a couple of days ago, keep in mind that it was a bit dark at the time, I'll get some better pictures when it's sunny out:
    Not much change is visible on the outside, but the inside has been cleaned, and the trigger mechanism has been fixed(As you can see):

Best Regards

Vegard T.

At least you got most of the goo and accumulated rust/dirt out.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Gonna look awesome. Where did you get it at? I would love to have a Russian made one with Chinese markings.

Looks like you brought it back to life! Someone may have asked this already, but do you plan to shoot it?

I got it at a Militaria and arms fair, there was just one.
    And Joe: It's deactivated, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable firing it anyway, with all the rust and dirt etc, but who knows?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2