Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mounting medals in box

Article about: Hi all, I am going to order a shadow box to store my still small, but growing collection. I am wondering, what is the best way to mount ribbon medals? As an example, EKII's etc? I don't want

Very late reply, sorry! Thanks for all the suggestions, my shadowboxes have arrived, so I have some planning of the layout ahead of me The styrofoam with slits sounds like a great idea!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mounting medals in box
    P
    Many

?

I had this issue a couple of weeks ago. I was going for flexibility and preservation of the collectibles. I bought two foamcore sheets, cut them so that they fit in the frame and fixed them to the shadow box's back using round head fasteners. Using a knife, I then made exactly the same cut on both sheets so that medal ribbons go through them. I was surprised to see that this alone was enough to hold the medals. Still, I want to be confident that they won't ever fall, and in that regard the whole point behind having two foamcores sheets was to fix the ribbons to the second one using paper clips in holes that the first sheet does not have. That way, items appear to be floating in the shadow box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2