Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My M42 helmet from POLAND.

Article about: Hello all, I have a M42 helmet dug up near Kolobrzeg city in Poland. When I got it, it was a ball of dirt and rust painted with green spray paint. I was looking for a cheap restoration proje

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    One or two of those are....er....challenging......
    yup, they seen better days. They are good conversation piece......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42 helmet from POLAND.
    P
    Many

Another coat of primer and...........more sand-paper.
    My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

Finishing touches with primer, I rubbed it with steel wool;
    final inspection before first coat of paint..........

My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

First coat of paint, It turned out quite nice I have to say. Between each coat of paint I used steel wool or super fine sand-paper to make the surface of the helmet superb !!!!!!

My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

I applied total of 5 thin coats, inside and out, using steel wool in between each. Now since the helmet is ready I ordered decals and liner. In my last post I'll list places where I got them from (I would highly recommend them since they are high quality products, perfect for reconstruction).

My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

Decals........... the smaller ones are for the test purposes (AWESOME!!!!!! since the full size ones are expensivvvveeee)

My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

and finally application after 60 years in the ground.........

My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

You really ought to have left the national colours off. There were never any DD Heer M42's.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Final product :

My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

Since its a repro...... I couldn't stop myself.................

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast