Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my new helmet i want to restore any coments

Article about: I would leave as is Barry - the vent hole will ALWAYS be different to any German maker ( a bit like Quist but not enough ) and the liner and strap may well be original Finnish too. In years

?

Default my new helmet i want to restore any coments

my new helmet i want to restore any comentsmy new helmet i want to restore any comentsmy new helmet i want to restore any comentsmy new helmet i want to restore any comentsmy new helmet i want to restore any coments

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my new helmet i want to restore any coments
    P
    Many

Default Re: my new helmet i want to restore any coments

First you have to find out what to restore it back to. It doesn't look like a German shell to me, probably belongs to another country. Any markings under the skirt?

Corey

?

no no marks i figured that when i bought it but it will works for my mannequin looking to make heer army corporal. thanks for the coment

The shell looks like a Quist, maybe a smaller size? take a look on the inside of the shell, is there a Q64 or something like that stamped in the metal?

- - Updated - -

Whoops, didn't read the above comments...

it looks like a post war german m55 or m53 to me. but finnish army. might or dose it have a stamp at the back in the skert ie Q64

?

yea i think its finnish army no marks but will it pass as german if i change the paint color ?

?

only paid 70.00 $ for it

It may be a German shell? Could be that the markings are covered with the post war paint. The shell looks to me like it was made to have a liner similar to an m31. It is missing a liner band, rivets, etc. The civilian type liner inside of it does not belong. How is the liner attached to shell...I don't see any cork spacers, glue?? Anyways, you could easily make a German helmet out of this, supposing that the shell will fit a M31 liner.

Corey

EDIT: You guys are definitely right, Finish liner, chinstrap, paint, etc. Usually the liner band rivet holes are covered up.

?

the rivets where aluminum with washers and the seller said that it was a greman shell reused for the finnish army

?

i want to repaint the shell and install a german liner with the corect rivets

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast