Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help with K98k bayonet

Article about: A pair of needle nose pliers should do the job, either the straight type or the ones with the bent tips

?

Default Re: Need help with K98k bayonet

A pair of needle nose pliers should do the job, either the straight type or the ones with the bent tips

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with K98k bayonet
    P
    Many

I'll try those if not I'll look and see if theres a tool out that there for this, And while looking in the lug channel I found some dirt/ loose rust in the locking part

Well, Me and my Dad got the release button unfrozen but still wont go all the way in on the side that has the long piece. Glad that it working now, maybe the soaking over night did work after all

?

Theres probably some rust build up under the spring thats stopping the full movement try another soaking with out the hand grips

Unscrew the round part of the button with a pair of pliers... counterclockwise.... Than tap out the L shaped piece and clean well the button itself and the space... The spring should be right underneath the round nut.

I'll try that today, thanks for the suggestions

Got it! Thanks for all your help guys!

jimtone
    ?

Theres a seller on Ebay that sells the split screw driver tool for the verious bolts and nut on these K98 bayonets. Is it a bad idea to touchup the blueing on these K98 bayonets? My scabbard has a 1 inch spot near the bottom that has light rust pitting but it looks like the rust was wire brushed away with the blueing. It has not been sharpened and has its blueing on 80 to 90 % of the blade and handle. It's a J.SCH marked 1940. I also would like to know how it should best be stored and if it should be wrapped in a rag (silicon)? I'm not sure what a silicon rag is, but I read that on another forum site?

Hi Jimtone, and welcome to the forum!

Don't be tempted to reblue any of it. It will devalue it to any serious collector.

Storage: clean the whole bayonet then use a museum grade wax such as Rennaisance Wax on all parts. This will protect it for years. Do not wrap in any rag as this could attract moisture.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2