Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opex M 42 Restoration project

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors,following on from all the exciting M 42 restorations projects ongoing,I thought I would have a go at it myself. I am not really into German Helmets but have a few in my

?

Default Opex M 42 Restoration project

Hi Fellow collectors,following on from all the exciting M 42 restorations projects ongoing,I thought I would have a go at it myself. I am not really into German Helmets but have a few in my collection. This M 42 is in desperate need of a make over in my opinion. I shall update this thread as and when I can hopefully with the stages and achievements made towards ensuring this shell look's like the sort of Helmet someone would be proud to own. Regards Opex

Here it is at this 1st stage.

Opex  M 42 Restoration project

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opex  M 42 Restoration project
    P
    Many

?

Starting to strip out all the old paint!

Its a bloody fake Garyonly kidding mate,looks good and yes another on going DIY project,now this is how we make Unt Elmut...........

Hello,
    Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    I am sure it will be a stunner!
    Jonathan.

if you dont mind im going to tag in and follow the stahlhelms progress through the different stages of the resto
    Regards James

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Its a bloody fake Garyonly kidding mate,looks good and yes another on going DIY project,now this is how we make Unt Elmut...........

Ha ha, The poor Normandy camo scheme is fake,hence my burning desire to remove, restore,and replace. Thanks for looking buddy hopefully I will be able to turn this one around fairly quickly

?

Quote by severin View Post
    Hello,
    Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    I am sure it will be a stunner!
    Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,thank you for looking and your encouragement buddy,it's most appreciated. I hope it turns out ok, I have a habit of rushing things so will need to take my time on this one

?

Quote by James C View Post
    if you dont mind im going to tag in and follow the stahlhelms progress through the different stages of the resto
    Hi James,thanks buddy. I am confident it will be a labour of love. When I got home this afternoon I started to remove some more paint from the inside, I stopped at the fifth layer of paint. I have not even started on the outside yet!!

I might take a blowtorch to it,but would be concerned about damaging the shell, but I assume it would be ok?

Thanks again buddy, Gary

Good luck bud i feel your stripping pain, it looks like a great shell, what are your paint, decal plans for it.

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Good luck bud i feel your stripping pain, it looks like a great shell, what are your paint, decal plans for it.
    Hi Steve, thanks buddy. To be honest at this stage I have absolutely no plan's at all. I would like to get it back to as close to the original field grey. But the way I am I am sure I will change my mind. Regarding decals there are so many out there good and bad the choice is bewildering. I am definitely going to steer clear of SS as this has been done to death,I did consider Africa Corps ...then again I do like the Normandy camo scheme..Oh I dunno....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast