Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Opex M 42 Restoration project

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors,following on from all the exciting M 42 restorations projects ongoing,I thought I would have a go at it myself. I am not really into German Helmets but have a few in my

looks superb gary and a great idea finding some twine from your garden ,german soldiers in the field would of obtained items very much like this and used them to great effect using many different materials to put on their helmets.chicken wire, string ,anything really to disguise the helmet ,here is a period pic and clearly shows a very if not the same look as you have achieved,well done mateOpex  M 42 Restoration project
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opex  M 42 Restoration project
    P
    Many

?

Quote by James C View Post
    looks superb gary and a great idea finding some twine from your garden ,german soldiers in the field would of obtained items very much like this and used them to great effect using many different materials to put on their helmets.chicken wire, string ,anything really to disguise the helmet ,here is a period pic and clearly shows a very if not the same look as you have achieved,well done mateOpex  M 42 Restoration project
    Many thanks James, I am all for recycling garden items. Great reference picture mate which clearly shows the look I was trying to achieve,I do think I need to age my net though. I got my inspiration from a seller on ebay who sell's these net's, admittedly the seller also provides metal clips too. But again I saved some cash so all is good

Great idea, and it looks really good.
    Jonathan.

?

Great Job!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by severin View Post
    Great idea, and it looks really good.
    Jonathan.
    Thanks Jonathan,it keep me busy for a couple of hours and I think it looks ok

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Great Job!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Many thanks for the compliment Phil which is very much appreciated, it was a labour of love

Top stuff Gary.....in the words of David Dickinson "cheap as chips" what a result taken the budget into account,just goes to show you,Blue Peter eat your heart out..........well done Bud........

nice job opex, I like the fact that you didn't just do the same old restoration you see on every helmet, you added a nice touch to it with the netting well done!

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Top stuff Gary.....in the words of David Dickinson "cheap as chips" what a result taken the budget into account,just goes to show you,Blue Peter eat your heart out..........well done Bud........
    LOL.......to true buddy, but for the record I do not have fake chestnut brown tan like him, but then saying that I don't have his bank balance either....hmm I prefer the Blue Peter analogy..."Here's one I prepared earlier... LOL

Thanks buddy

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    nice job opex, I like the fact that you didn't just do the same old restoration you see on every helmet, you added a nice touch to it with the netting well done!

Many thanks buddy, I really appreciate your compliments regarding the netting, I am pleased again that this resto was done with very little effort or money

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4