Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerschreck a little bit cleaned

Article about: Tools for making parts

?

Default Re: Panzerschreck a little bit cleaned

Then i need measures of the steel rod witch goes trough the trigger mecanism.
    This picture is Bjørn's PS I belive you can see what i need .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerschreck a little bit cleaned
    P
    Many

?

Yes, I have that also. Will get to you tomorrow.
    Bill

?

Here’s the drawing I made 25 years ago kneeling on the floor of a gun store near my work during my lunch breaks over a few days. I used engineering drafting vellum with a grid of 10 squares per inch so I believe I drew it to scale but didn’t take the time to put dimensions on everything. If it isn’t exact, I believe it’s very close.
    The unit on the right seems to be a separate piece pinned to the top of the cocking handle and spring loaded. It appears to be drawn to scale with no dimensions. I can give you the dimensions used to draw it if you wish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck a little bit cleaned  

?

Here is the handle in millimeters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck a little bit cleaned  

?

More dimensions in millimeters.

?

The striking rod and the cocking handle catch in millimeters.

?

Here is the picture I used to get the total height of the cocking handle last night. I used the dimension I measured directly on the panzerschreck 25 years ago as a starting point. This is in inches.

?

Post Re: Panzerschreck a little bit cleaned

Hi, guys :-)
    First off all, I must congratulate Dimas and ostlanddigger with some very nice Panzerschreck's. Those two weapons look VERY nice :-)
    And thank you Bill, for some exellent drawings with measurements of the span-handle and for your previous co-operation regarding the electric ignition mechanism. I have just finished putting the electrical induction ignition mechanism back together after refurbishing it, with a very satisfying resault. I'll be providing pictures of the resault over the weekend.
    As you proberbly understand, Prest1 has embarked on the pain-staking and time consuming task of refurbishing and restoring the metalworks of not one but two Panzerschrecks. My original plan was to use one of the Schreck's for parts to restore the other, but after discussing back and forth over a couple of kettles coffee, we agreed to give it a try to restore both weapons from my collection. Prest1 is a very skilled metalworker, and he convinced me, that it might be possible to restore both of them :-)
    The deal we have agreed on, is that Prest1 will restore both schrecks, and he will keep one of the two schrecks for his own collection. I'll also give him one Rocket and a original wooden rocket-crate for the job.
    Prest1 have been working on the Schreck's for about 3 weeks now, and already he has made very good progress, with amazing resaults. Due to heavy rust-damage and some missing parts, some of the parts has to be completely rebuilt thou. But never the less, TWO of these rare weapons are being brought back from the dead, for collection and display purposes :-)
    I'll see if I can get Prest1 to post some pictures of the restoration, as the work progress.
    Cheers
    Björn

?

Hi Bjorn,
    No need to thank me ! You gave me the information I was looking for for at least 25 years when you posted pictures and drawings of the generator. If there is any more information you need just ask. I've been collecting pictures and drawings for longer than that. One piece of the puzzle still remains for me, pictures and/or drawings of the parts of the connector box. If PREST1 could post pictures of those parts I would be most greatful. Also pictures of the rusted and busted pieces of your two Pschrecks would be VERY helpful also.
    Best Regards,
    Bill

?

Parts for the new mecanism

All cut by hand
    Last edited by PREST1; 06-23-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast