Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Paybook restoration

Article about: I've had this WW1 Service and Paybook for a few years, its to a member of the Rifle Brigade who was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal (MSM) and Distinguished Conduct Medal (DCM) as well

?

Default Paybook restoration

Paybook restoration

I've had this WW1 Service and Paybook for a few years, its to a member of the Rifle Brigade who was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal (MSM) and Distinguished Conduct Medal (DCM) as well as being twice Mentioned in Despatches (MiD). The problem I have is that the pages seem to have become oiled or greased - they have gone semi-transparent kind of like a chip bag that has got the cooking oil on it, looking for any thoughts on how this can be reversed, the book itself is solid and still readable also it doesn't seem to be getting any worse so if its stuck like this it isn't a massive problem and I'd rather keep like this than do any risky action. The only thing I have tried is sandwiching a page in kitchen towel and applying heat with an iron - I had hoped heat would soften up the oils and the paper would draw it out but nothing happened.

Thanks in advance

Alistair

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paybook restoration
    P
    Many