Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Relic cleaning - White Vinegar

Article about: by Steve T Can't wait to see the result Datrus ! I have a hard time waiting myself. I will start a restoration of this helmet afterwards.

Default Re: Relic cleaning - White Vinegar

There was but I removed it as it was nothing to do with the thread. If you notice that kind of thing in future Datrus, that will be why

We're fast working moderators on this site you know

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic cleaning - White Vinegar
    P
    Many

?

Fast as a speeding tortoise, can leap tall matchboxes, can stop a fatal rubber ball, whos that man , " SUPER T " only known weaknesses Green verdigre and Red rust

I'll have you know some tortoises can move quicker than you think. And this matchbox......is it lying flat or end on ?

?

End on, got to give you some credit, i just hope a new members name is'nt Lex or Luther or you'll be well buggered

Now I'm going to be buggered by someone called Lex ? Hope he's at least got the decency to take me out for a meal first.

And this credit you're giving me. Can I have it by Paypal please.

?

Well apart from receiving accolade from the magazine you might get the order of the golden rivet as well, ive heard axle grease is a great sootherner
    and thats not Geordie for someone down south

Just before we let this thread get back on track, I would like to point out that it is soothener. You've got too many r's. And too much axle grease. Pervert.

?

Pedantic old fart

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    There was but I removed it as it was nothing to do with the thread. If you notice that kind of thing in future Datrus, that will be why

We're fast working moderators on this site you know
    I thought it was something like that, but that was fast fast! . Just wondered if the forum was slow on updating or something. All your mods & admins work is much appreciated. Now, back on track.

Kpt NEMO
    ?

Hi good thread.
    Im not cleaning old relics, but im restoring old rusty guns and carparts and i know by experience that vinegar are slow to remove rust and are harming brass and copper if you are letting the parts stay to long in it .
    ( in my opinion) i have found it te be an better and faster methode.
    Im using citric acid and hot water for rusty iron and steel and adding a teaspoon of detergent when claning brass and copper. Im using a bag (25g) on ca 10 liter water.
    Im letting heavy rusted parts in it until al the rust are gone and the bare and then clean it in hot water under the spring . It wil not corrode on the metall only the rust or corrosion . the brass and copper looks like new after only hours in the bath.
    It costs only a few cents, its not harmful to deal with and dont smell like an old skunk . se the link or goggle it you wild find lot of info and pictures.

Handplane Restoration #19: Cleaning Parts with Citric Acid - by WayneC @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast