Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Relic rusting again

Article about: Hello Adolf With a helmet like this there is a fine line between restoration & ruination. Stabilisation of the rust without losing character & history should be the main concern. The

Default Re: Relic rusting again

Hi Dan

Thank-you so much for your input. Phew, I feel relieved that I might not have totalled an SS helmet ! Having travelled around a lot recently with the helmet going with me (for those boring hotel nights) to work on, I've grown quite fond of my lid. The info would just be for my own understanding. My co-workers and customers have even got used to asking me how "Klaus" is coming along :-) The helmet has actually led to me educating quite a number of people wrt our hobby and "Klaus" has created opportunities to get to know other people at a personal level which one often can't do at a Corporate level.

Cheers and thanks again, photos of the other two relics will be posted tomorrow all going well.

Regards

Adolf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic rusting again
    P
    Many

Thank-you Col James, can't tell you just how relieved I am ! Opening a beer soon to celebrate the fact that my stupidity has limits (thank God) !

Warm regards

Adolf

thats ok adolf im looking forward to seeing your latest relics regards james

Hello again Chaps

Many thanks for your comments and insights, much appreciated. I will post a new thread iro this helmet once the "restoration" is complete just to bring the saga full-circle :-) I will post a thread each iro my two other relics in a few minutes as I promised previously. I look forward to getting your feedback on them as well since I have a few questions about the both of them.

Kind regards

Adolf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3