Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Restoreable or not?

Article about: Hi all, I found 2 helmets almost for free and now I would like to know if they are beyond repair... I warn you that they are in very bad state, but I would like to hear expert opinion on res

Default Restoreable or not?

Hi all, I found 2 helmets almost for free and now I would like to know if they are beyond repair... I warn you that they are in very bad state, but I would like to hear expert opinion on restoration..(possible or not?) my worries are the big holes and cracks..
    PLEASE HELP PS sorry for my English

Pics:
    Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?Restoreable or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restoreable or not?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Restoreable or not?

In my opinion these are not suitable for restoration , the amount of work involved would be extreme and i doubt if the results would enhance anything to improve the looks on both, they should be left as is , ie , true battle damaged relics and displayed as such

wow they took a real beating imo i would leave them as they are the chances are that the one with the huge crack would probably crack even more when you bend it back into shape not worth it

?

Absolutely not suitable for restoration. Too much metal missing and out of shape. Leave them as they are. they have their own charm. Nice lids.

thank you all, i tought so...It's a damn shame! the bigger one is m35 SS and smaller is hitler yungen (was)

?

Nice battle damaged early Police M 16 helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Nice battle damaged early Police M 16 helmet
    how do you know? owner tells different story..