Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?

Article about: Hello again, I have just decided to restore my helmet.Please give me some advises for what color to choose and what decals to use? I know tha the helmet is ww1.Did they have decals on the ww

?

Default Re: restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?

For a first attempt thats not bad at all,ive restored a couple of helmets before but i try to take the age of the helmet into consideration, by the look of it you had a lot of heavy pitting especially in the dome of the helmet,personally i would paint the helmet then knock the paint back so the pitting is exposed and do the same on the outside this would give a more accurate ageing overall,but all this is trial and error and if you do any more youll gain experience,go for it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?
    P
    Many

?

Greetings! I read this thread with great interest because I am about to start restoring an M16 to a transitional style with decals for a friend of mine. Unfortunately, the inside has been repainted several times and is obviously quite pitted. I cannot determine the helmet size so that I can order a liner. Is there any way to measure the helmet to determine size? Also, a certain provider of decals was mentioned somewhat unfavorably dur to background color. Is there a better source someone would be comfortable naming? Than you very much!
    Mike

?

Mike, measure the outside circumference where the split pin are, use a tape measure that has cm, once you've got that you can determine the inside liner ring and liner needed, see below for shell sizes and liners needed
    shell sizes 60 =52 and 53 liners
    62 =54 and 55 liners
    64 =56 and 57 liners
    66 =58 and 59 liners
    68 =60 and 61 liners
    70 =62 and 63 liners
    hope this helps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3