Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Restoring a M35

Article about: Thanks mate I have not been totally gone, but not much time for sitting and sending helmets at night. Things start to be relatively normal now. all the best, Lars

?

Default Re: Restoring a M35

I have thought about getting some hard enamel for model painting. It's applied with brush, then you let it dry and put it in the oven for a period of time. I don't know if i have the skill to make it look used and ihave no idea about how to do it. I can of course think of some way that might get it a used look, but i have seen some work really nicely done. I want to keep some of the "original" paint sticking out. For sand i think i will use the DAK color. It was as far as i know also widely used on the eastern front.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restoring a M35
    P
    Many

you can use emanel or epoxy based paint also marine paint will be fine as well
    they take long to dry but you can speed up the drying by thinning the paint with acetone

?

There was a site that was run by a young lady who produced some extremely good camo helmets and gave full detailed instructions as to all the material used, the methods, paint and about ageing, it was a very good guide, i'll try to find it

?

That would be really nice of you Dave

?

Cant find the one i was talking about but try this one, scroll down to the bottom of the site page until you find helmet painting ageing and decals www.military steel helmets and decals .com

?

Type the whole site info not just the one in bold white

Quote by davejb View Post
    Type the whole site info not just the one in bold white
    Im getting one finished today,camo normandy ,rough texture all original type paint also a leather band for the helmet pick up at three today will post .

Quote by griffinz View Post
    Im getting one finished today,camo normandy ,rough texture all original type paint also a leather band for the helmet pick up at three today will post .
    Did you get your Camo lid yet?

?

Would be interesting to see that lid. I'm not finished with mine yet. Got a daughter a few months back, so not much time for that. I have it here on my working table so i will take it up again some time soon. I hope

Congrats on your Daughter Mate I wondered why you had been quiet on the resto.

Good Luck.
    Phill

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast